Advice on applying and interviewing for the PM role

Anyone have a portfolio they use when applying? If so, what’s included?

1 Like

Are you applying for PM roles? I’ve never heard about the portfolio for PMs. I use my CV, LinkedIn page and custom cover letter when applying.
@JenebaWint, what do you want to include in the portfolio?

Thanks Ania! Yes, I’m applying for a PM role and on the application they asked for a portfolio or whatever you prefer to provide an in depth look at your experience.

I’ll use a cover letter as well!

2 Likes

Hi @JenebaWint. I remember someone already asked a similar question here, not many answers though.

I don’t know much about product management portfolio. But the idea is interesting.
On the other hand, I think the link to your blog/articles could help if you have some publications where you described your product cases and challenges. If you have something like this, I believe it worth to include.

2 Likes

I’ve always mentioned to emerging pms they should have a professional site where they talk about business, technology, product breakdowns. They can also highlight any research, new skills, or projects they are working on.

1 Like

@Chika, great advice!
Could you please provide some of the great examples of personal PM websites?

Not trying to do a shameless plug or anything but my personal site is a good start for me. I keep all my thought pieces there, I can share some of my on going projects and interests, and highlight some other areas that I can bring to the table as a product manager.

https://chika.io

@Chika, looks good! Like the project description on the website!

1 Like